[Biopython-dev] 1.62b test coverage report

Ben Fulton ben at benfulton.net
Wed Jul 31 00:43:31 UTC 2013

I ran Ned Batchelder's coverage tool against the 1.62 beta code to see how
much code is covered by tests. The overall total was 74% which is pretty
respectable.

I ran the tests on a fairly fresh machine, which meant I had to install a
lot of software, some of which I either didn't get installed properly, or
the tests are out of date, or there were failures for some other reason. I
ended up having to skip seven test files:

Dialign_Tool
EmbossPhylipNew
Mafft
PopGen_DFDist
PopGen_FDist
XXMotif
phyml

There were three tests I managed to get running but still had failures:

FastTree
NCBI_BLAST
Prank_tool

You can look at the report on my website at
http://benfulton.net/BioPython162_Coverage/ . Please let me know if you
have comments or questions, or can tell me what I did wrong on the above
tests :)