[Biopython-dev] Bugzilla --> RedMine --> GitHub issues?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 22 14:36:06 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Well this isn't tomorrow - but I'm back from BOSC 2013 in Germany now.
>
> In the absence of any dissenting views, and the fact that RedMine is
> also offline right now (which I've raised with the OBF admin volunteers),

Fixed again :)

> I've enabled GitHub issues & linked to this from the main page:
>
> https://github.com/biopython/biopython/issues
>
> You'll notice there are already lots of issues there - all pull request
> related. This is one reason why an automated import of the old
> Bugzilla/RedMine issues could be complicated.
>
> Various other bits of our documentation will need to be updated...

Hopefully done now, e.g.
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/e836f4fadde494a8253b4a4114a36ff3259eb079
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/e836f4fadde494a8253b4a4114a36ff3259eb079

Note that there doesn't seem to be a way to turn off new issues in
a RedMine project - there are hacks via removing the ability from
the roles, but I fear that would affect the other projects still using
the RedMine server (e.g. BioPerl).

Instead we may just have to do the triage/migration and then
drop the links to the old RedMine server from the website etc.