[Biopython-dev] Releasing (a beta of) Biopython 1.62 this week?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 15 17:04:30 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 2:52 AM, Michiel de Hoon <mjldehoon at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> The following pieces of code had a PendingDeprecationWarning in Biopython
>> release 1.61, and can be upgraded to a BiopythonDeprecationWarning:
>>
>> Bio.Motif (entire module). Its functionality is available from Bio.motifs,
>> so Bio.Motif can be deprecated.
>
> Done,
> https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/74fe3dd40c6f1f43032fa490a918abf052fd5c0e
>
> Peter

I've started doing a Biopython 1.62 beta release now (before heading
off to Berlin tomorrow for the CodeFest and BOSC), while I have access
to the Windows machine to build the installers.

Sorting out the BLAST deprecation warnings (and any required
relocation of files) etc can happen once the beta is out in preparation
for the final release tentatively next week (once I'm back in the office).