[Biopython-dev] Releasing (a beta of) Biopython 1.62 this week?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 9 10:53:05 UTC 2013

Dear all,

Given I'm heading off to Germany next week for BOSC and
the CodeFest, it would be good to have Biopython 1.62 out
this week - or at least a beta release.

Having a beta would make sense in terms of trying to get
more testing under Python 3.3, plus the SeqFeature change
with sub_features (previously used for joins etc) being
deprecated in favour of the new CompoundLocation object.

Any thoughts?

Also, I've had a go at updating the main README file and
the Installation.tex file - that probably needs more work
still (e.g. the ReportLab section needs updating).

Thanks,