[Biopython-dev] Namespace for online resources?

Lenna Peterson arklenna at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 17:10:40 UTC 2013

Michiel,

You raise an excellent point that separating the modules in this way will
complicate doctests.

Regarding point (2), is your primary concern namespace clutter or importing
efficiency?

I still maintain that the category of internet access is more fundamental
than the category of parsers. For point (1), if every database is accessed
using a WWW submodule, a user will know to look there.

Obviously moving everything would be a lot of work...

Cheers,

Lenna