[Biopython-dev] More 'fun' with GenBank

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 20 19:03:45 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Kai Blin
<kai.blin at biotech.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
> On 2013-01-15 20:03, Peter Cock wrote:
>
> Hi Peter,
>
>> It will need a bit of work to rebase (some of the PEP8 changes have
>> touched the same lines of code), but I will try and do that this week.
>
> Your f_loc4 branch certainly fixes the problem I'm seeing. Is there
> anything I can do to help with getting it merged? I'm happy to give a
> closer look at the rebase conflicts coming up during the merge if you
> don't mind me asking the occasional question if I can't work out reasons
> for a code change from the commit messages.
>
> Cheers,
> Kai

I've done the rebase - all the tests still pass so if I missed anything
it should just be minor:

https://github.com/peterjc/biopython/commits/f_loc4 (old)
https://github.com/peterjc/biopython/commits/f_loc5 (rebased)

Kai - would you mind retesting with f_loc5 (the rebased branch)?

Everyone - does it seem sensible to include this now, ready for
the upcoming release (*)? Or perhaps just after the release?

Peter

(*) See other thread about Bio.Motif, which I think is all we need
to address before doing the release:
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2013-January/010235.html