[Biopython-dev] More relaxed parsing of wonky GenBank files

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 11:11:46 UTC 2013

Entrez.parse has a "validate" argument to allow parsing of XML files that contain tags that are not represented in the corresponding DTD. If validate==True, the parser raises an Exception if any tags are missing. If False, then the parser will ignore missing tags.
Maybe SeqIO.parse could have a similar "validate" argument?

Best,
-Michiel.