[Biopython-dev] Slight suggestion for PDBIO

João Rodrigues anaryin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 16:14:52 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I've modified slightly PDBIO to allow writing of any object of our PDB
representation. Right now it accepts only Models or Structures (IIRC) and
sometimes it's useful to have only a chain or a residue written. I've added
a layer of code that builds the "missing" parts using StructureBuilder.

I pushed it to a branch in my github account:

https://github.com/JoaoRodrigues/biopython/tree/pdbio

I've been using it for a while now so often I completely forgot about it..
Only noticed when I changed computers and the version there could not
handle this. So I guess it should be solid enough.

Cheers,

João