[Biopython-dev] BWA Wrapper

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 18 17:44:30 UTC 2013

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 11:48 AM, Saket Choudhary <saketkc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oops. Apparently I had forgotten to 'git add' the _bwa.py . Committed now :
>
> https://github.com/saketkc/biopython/commit/062aabf8f31a522929957f4bcd3f7a932f3bdf23

This looks sensible. I think if we are going to extend the __call__ interface
to allow stdout to be a filename, then we should do the same for stderr
as well. Also this needs to be explained in the docstring (and perhaps
also the Tutorial somewhere).

Separately some simple unit tests for the wrapper would be good too
(which can be as much work as the original code itself), and would
be beneficial for cross-platform testing.

Thanks,