[Biopython-dev] Project ideas for GSoC (or other student projects)

Wibowo Arindrarto w.arindrarto at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 18:29:02 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

It's more or less a 'low hanging fruit', but I've been thinking
perhaps it may be useful if we have our own interface to the HMMER3
online service? The corresponding SearchIO parsers may be written for
this as well (they return different formats for which we haven't any
parsers currently).

And I think there are more things being worked on, not yet mentioned
in the wiki:

1. Porting our docs to Sphinx[1]
2. Converting some/all of the print and compare tests to unit tests.
For example, our Bio.Seq's tests are still print and compare tests.

regards,
Bow

[1] See the original feature request here:
https://redmine.open-bio.org/issues/3221
https://redmine.open-bio.org/issues/3220
https://redmine.open-bio.org/issues/3219