[Biopython-dev] flex, setup.py and Bio.PDB.mmCIF (Bug 2619)

Lenna Peterson arklenna at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 01:31:16 UTC 2013

Hi Michiel,

I worked on that a bit early last year. See thread on this bug:

https://redmine.open-bio.org/issues/2619

Namely, I determined that the flex headers aren't required to compile the
flex-generated C, which is a great start.

I also started work on a PLY-based pure Python reimplementation. Pull
request here:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/pull/33

I haven't looked at this code in quite a long time! Let me know if you have
any questions about what I did and I will do my best to remember...

Cheers,

Lenna