[Biopython-dev] Doing the Biopython 1.61 release next week?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 4 17:57:42 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I think we're overdue for a Biopython release now, and I would
> like to do this next week. There are still plenty more additions
> and enhancements waiting in the wings, but right now I just
> want any remaining bug fixes addressed.
>
> Are there any release blocking issues?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter

Hi all,

I've posted the current tutorial as HTML and PDF online [*],
http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial-dev.html
http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial-dev.pdf

It would be great to have you all re-read chapters you've
contributed to or are familiar with - and fix or report any
more typos etc.

Note that some of the embedded examples in the LaTeX
source are now tested via doctest using test_Tutorial.py,
so if you do make some local edits run that before you
commit them.

Thanks,

Peter

[*] Those URLs used to be updated nightly, something I've
not yet restored since the website was moved from the old
OBF hardware to an Amazon cloud server. The simplest
option here would be to install latex on the server...