[Biopython-dev] Doing the Biopython 1.61 release next week?

Wibowo Arindrarto w.arindrarto at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 15:47:14 UTC 2013

Hi Peter, Kai,

>> There's still one bug for Bio.SearchIO that I would prefer to be
>> fixed (https://redmine.open-bio.org/issues/3400). Is it possible to
>> wait a few more days (no later than next week I hope) to sort this
>> bug out?
>
> Sorry for letting this slip for so long, but I never got around to
> write an actual test case.
>
> Bow, did we agree to use optionalcascade for now and then maybe
> refactor? I'm pretty confident the code works as-is, all the BioPython
> issues I've been running into with my production site have been in the
> GenBank/EMBL parsers. :)

Yes, we did :). I meant to do the optionalcascade refactor so the code
is more maintainable (and to prevent a corner case bug). But in
general, the optionalcascade fix looks to be fine. And for code marked
with the BiopythonExperimentalWarning, having a fix without test cases
seems better than no fix at all.

Peter, if you're fine with Kai's fix, I think we can mark this bug
solved and go on with the release. I'll add the test cases and
refactor the code later on.

Regards,
Bow