[Biopython-dev] [biopython] Missing DTD files (#260)

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 1 03:28:45 UTC 2013

How would people feel about Biopython always downloading DTD files on the fly instead of distributing them with Biopython?
After downloading and parsing a DTD file, we can keep it in memory so we won't need to parse the same DTD file over and over again. So the impact on speed will be minimal.
If we do so, we'll never run into the problem of missing DTD files. The downside of course is that we will need internet access to parse any XML file through Bio.Entrez. But maybe in today's world that is acceptable.

Best,
-Michiel.