[Biopython-dev] Post Biopython 1.62 release, clean-up after dropping Python 2.5

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 31 09:31:53 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 11:53 PM, Sergei Lebedev <superbobry at gmail.com> wrote:
> Peter, I've just submitted a PR [*] for #8 along with a 2to3 fixer which
> does all the job, so I think I can take #9.
>
> Sergei
>
> [*] https://github.com/biopython/biopython/pull/230

Print-function-like syntax committed for (8), thank you.
We'll need to come back to this later as there are still
lots of print statements left in the codebase... time for
a more general discussion about what people would
prefer to see in the user-facing documentation.

If you'd like to try some context managers for the
warnings in the unit tests (9), that would be great.

Note some of the tests will require you to install a
command line tool - it should be clear, but if we
need to add more documentation (e.g. URLs) please
let us know.

Thanks,