[Biopython-dev] Post Biopython 1.62 release, clean-up after dropping Python 2.5

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 29 15:30:51 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 4:20 PM, Chris Mitchell <chris.mit7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was going to take a stab at (3), but it seems that _namedtuple.py doesn't
> exist.
>
> Looking under _py3k as well as grep -Ri namedtuple ./*
>
> fails to find it. I'm pulling from
> https://github.com/biopython/biopython.git

Oops. I wrote that email on my latop - it was a file never checked
into source code control. Looking back it was a plan for allowing
us to use named tuples on older versions of Python. Sorry!

But I have come up with another easy task instead,

(7) Update exception style from this,

except ErrorClass, variable_name:

to this:

except ErrorClass as variable_name:

The second form is the only allowed syntax in Python 3,
but was not possible under Python 2.5.

Regards,