[Biopython-dev] Biopython 1.62 release in progress

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 28 21:30:33 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 10:17 PM, Wibowo Arindrarto
<w.arindrarto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've written a draft of our 1.62 release (below). I'd appreciate it if
> somebody gives it another look (for typos, etc.). Also, if I miss
> somebody in the contributors list, please let me know :).

Thanks Bow - I don't think the WordPress blog understands
markdown style markup, but bonus marks anyway :)

I'm about to update the tar-ball and zip file to include the
NEWS file updated with the two names Bow spotted as
missing - hopefully there are no more and this commit
will get the release tag:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/73f8483f23910c8205cd9a4ff1283f2747d4f4ff

(The Windows installers I prepared earlier should not be
affected as they don't include the NEWS file)

> # Python support
>
> This is our first official release that supports Python 3.
> Specifically, we tested under Python 3.3. Other versions
> of Python 3 may still work albeit with some issues.

I'd be a bit more explicit:

Specifically, this is supported under Python 3.3. Older
versions of Python 3 may still work albeit with some
issues, but are *not* supported.

> Please note that this release marks our last official support Python
> 2.5. Beginning from Biopython 1.63, the minimum supported Python
> version will be 2.6.

Minor typo, needs a for/of, e.g.

Please note that this release marks our last official support for
Python 2.5

Thanks Bow,