[Biopython-dev] Post Biopython 1.62 release, clean-up after dropping Python 2.5

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 28 20:43:58 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 7:53 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello all - especially newcomers,
>
> There are going to be several boring but useful things to do to
> the Biopython code base once we're finished with Python 2.5
> (the imminent release of Biopython 1.62 has been clearly
> described as the final Biopython release to support it).
>
> Some of these tasks are quite easy, and might tempt some
> of our non-core contributors or new-comers to have a go,
> however to avoid too much duplication of effort I'd suggest
> **replying in this thread if you want to tackle anything** - and
> then start working out how to send us your first pull request.

I tweeted this earlier,
https://twitter.com/pjacock/status/372796602760855552

> Things which will need doing:

> (1) Disable the Python 2.5 target in TravisCI, see
> https://travis-ci.org/biopython/biopython/
> (this is a simple one line edit to the .travis.yml file)

The first easy task has been claimed already:
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/pull/226

Wayne wrote:
>> Via Twitter, I saw your note"
>> (1) Disable the Python 2.5 target in TravisCI, see
>> https://travis-ci.org/biopython/biopython/
>> (this is a simple one line edit to the .travis.yml file)"
>>
>> Turned out it really was as easy as you said.

Once the release is out, that fix can go in - thanks :)

Wayne (BCC'd), please sign up to the biopython-dev
list if you haven't already: