[Biopython-dev] Releasing (a beta of) Biopython 1.62 this week?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 27 08:41:39 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 5:04 PM, Wibowo Arindrarto
<w.arindrarto at gmail.com> wrote:

>> So you'd be comfortable with removing the experimental warning
>> for SearchIO in Biopython 1.62 final (this week if the PDB occupancy
>> thing is resolved)?
>
> Yes. I think all public-facing modules are ok now. There are still two
> issue which I consider minor, but I think should be mentioned before
> we lift the warning:

> Other than these, some planned features are implementing the HMMER3.1
> parser (which I think should not interfere with lifting the warning).

We'll also want to update the Tutorial as well, merging the BLAST
and SearchIO chapters. Let's start work on this just after releasing
Biopython 1.62 then, which I think we can now go ahead with :)

Lenna has sorted out the PDB occupancy issue, and Eric has
updated the PRANK unit tests.

I think this means we are OK to do the release in the next day
or two? Any objections?

Regards,