[Biopython-dev] Releasing (a beta of) Biopython 1.62 this week?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 26 14:04:35 UTC 2013

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Wibowo Arindrarto
<w.arindrarto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Peter, everyone,
>
> As for the readiness, I think the important features that we planned
> have been implemented in SearchIO. I don't have any major feature
> change that I would like to implement anytime soon, too. So yes, I
> think it is ready.

So you'd be comfortable with removing the experimental warning
for SearchIO in Biopython 1.62 final (this week if the PDB occupancy
thing is resolved)?

And you would like to officially support plain text BLAST parsing
(despite it not being recommend by the NCBI, and known to have
been quite a lot of work in the past to keep the parser working)?

We should probably also give you (Bow) commit rights too, so you
can handle basic parser updates within SearchIO directly - assuming
you're happy with that?

Regards,