[Biopython-dev] Fw: GSoC Application

阮铮 rz1991 at foxmail.com
Sat Apr 27 08:18:56 UTC 2013

Sorry I forget to introduce myself.
My name is Zheng Ruan, currently a first year graduate students at the University of Georiga. I have a background in biology and now pursue a PhD in Bioinformatics. I taught myself many programming language and finally python became my favorite. I use biopython a lot for everyday sequence manipulation and format conversion. For example, I use Bio.Phylo class for reroot tree and visualization functionality in the sever http://bioinformatics.publichealth.uga.edu/SpeciesTreeAnalysis/index.php, which has just been accepted by NAR. I really hope to contribute the the Open Source Project and GSoC seems to be a good start point. I think the codon alignment proposal suitable to me because it requires medium programming skills and I've already finished the Computational Molecular Evolution by Ziheng Yang and also have a phylogenetics course this spring semester. Thanks for all.

Best,
Zheng Ruan