[Biopython-dev] Biopython GSoC 2013 applications via NESCent

Zhigang Wu zhigang.wu at email.ucr.edu
Sat Apr 27 00:52:19 UTC 2013

Hi Peter,

I am interested in implementing the lazy-loading sequence parsers.
I know the time is pretty tight for me to write an proposal on it. But even
I cannot contribute under the umbrella of GSoC and assuming no body is
implemented, I am still interested in implementing this (I just wanna have
something nice on my CV and while contributing to Open source software
community as well). While at this moment, I don't have very clear picture
on how to do it. Can you point me to somewhere where I can start to get a
sense how this can be implemented. As far as I know, samtools (view) may
have similar techniques in them. Thanks.

Zhigang