[Biopython-dev] samtools threaded daemon

Chris Mitchell chris.mit7 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 14:04:15 UTC 2013

Given that we'd be chasing after the samtools development cycle, I think
it's just easier to implement command line wrappers that are dynamic enough
to handle future versions.  For instance, some of the code doesn't seem too
set in stone and appears empirical (the BAQ computation comes to mind) and
therefore probable to change in future versions.  I can package in my
existing pileup parser, but in general I think most people will be using a
callback routine to handle it themselves since use cases of the final
output sort of vary project by project.

Chris