[Biopython-dev] Optimization of PDBParser and friends

Wibowo Arindrarto w.arindrarto at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 06:11:05 UTC 2012

Hi Peter, João,

Just a little FYI. I ran into the OrderedDict issue when I started writing
SearchIO a few months ago as well, so I added an OrderedDict implementation
in Bio._py3k (
https://github.com/bow/biopython/commit/34f873b2d21136487a0b925be898c52daa0cc61c
).

The code is from the ordereddict module from PyPI at that time. I haven't
checked if it's the same as the one shown in the link (there may have been
some updates), but it seems to work fine up to now.

Hope this is useful :),
Bow