[Biopython-dev] Working with the new SearchIO API

Wibowo Arindrarto w.arindrarto at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 00:09:41 UTC 2012

Hi Kai,

> one more thing:
>
> Hmmer2 has the concept of an accession number in the result. Is there
> an attribute for that in the QueryResult object that I'm missing or do
> we want a new attribute for that. Would "accession" be a good name?
>
> Cheers,
> Kai

I've used '.acc' for accesion number properties in the current HMMER3
and BLAST parsers, but this choice was arbitrary. '.accession' is a
good name. I didn't use it because I like shorter names better, but
then again it may be unclear at times.

Does anyone have preference between '.acc' or '.accession'? If not, I
can change the current '.acc' into '.accession'.

cheers,
Bow