[Biopython-dev] Status of SearchIO

Wibowo Arindrarto w.arindrarto at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 20:11:09 UTC 2012

Hi Kai,

> > For the merge conflict, which branch are you using? Can you point
> > to specific commits that cause the conflicts? I haven't tried
> > merging / rebasing my own branch to the current master myself ~ so
> > knowing this should help the process as well.
>
> Disregarding the namespace discussion, I needed to get a reasonable
> branch to get my HMMer2 parser up-to-date in. As I said last week I
> tried rebasing Bow's searchio branch and had a bunch of merge conflicts.
>
> I've retried the rebase today, and most of the merge conflicts are
> actually pretty trivial and mostly around the question where the code
> gets it's OrderedDict from for python versions < 2.7.
>
> I've pushed the rebased patchset to
> https://github.com/kblin/biopython/tree/searchio-rebase if anybody
> wants to have a look. With the last patch fixing an error I seem to
> have introduced during merge conflict resolution, the SearchIO tests
> pass on that branch.

Thanks for doing the rebase :)! I just checked it and everything looks
fine; all unit tests + doctests pass.

On another note, I was wondering about how to combine this rebased
branch with my local branch. Is there a simple way to apply the
changes in the rebased branch to my local working searchio branch or
should I just switch to a local checkout of the rebased branch?

regards,
Bow