[Biopython-dev] PEP8 lower case module names?

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Sun Oct 28 19:02:54 UTC 2012

Peter and all;
Interesting discussion on the module path issues. I'm agreed with
everyone that it would be nice to be pep8 compliant. However, my vote
would be to stick with our traditional namespace to avoid widespread
breakage. The changes everyone is proposing are nice, but not nice
enough to deal with introducing an incompatible version and the
documentation and help fallout from that.

If everyone wants to go down the module name path, it would be worth
investing in a biopython1to2 script that automatically handles the
renamings for folks.

Just my 2 cents,
Brad