[Biopython-dev] NumPy dialog when Biopython installed from automated programs

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Sun Oct 28 18:55:31 UTC 2012

Connor;

> I remember this being resolved, but when I try to install biopython with
> pip, it fails:

Thanks for the report. It looks like the command line options pip uses
to call setup.py changed a bit, so the hack we have in place is no
longer working. I pushed a fix for this:

https://github.com/chapmanb/biopython/commit/e05a355e3e9825c44c4a9b3bdfdda25c9a92c9c4

which seems to resolve the issue and hopefully make it more robust going
forward. Could you confirm it works on your system:

$ cd /tmp
$ git clone git://github.com/chapmanb/biopython.git
$ sudo pip install /tmp/biopython

If so, I'll push this into the main repo for the next release. Thanks
again for letting us know about the problem,
Brad