[Biopython-dev] BOSC/Broad Interoperability Hackathon: potential dates

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Mon Oct 15 15:02:12 UTC 2012

Hi all;
Open Bio regularly organizes hackathon coding sessions in conjunction
with the Bioinformatics Open Source Conference. The goal is to get
together biologists writing open source code, provide a room and
internet, and encourage fun collaborative coding. We've had successful
two day Codefests the past three years:

http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/Codefest_2012

This year, the Broad Institute kindly offered to host a two day
Hackathon in Boston during April. We've proposed three sets of dates:

April 4-5th, Thursday and Friday before Bio-IT
April 7-8th, Sunday and Monday before Bio-IT
April 22-23rd, Monday and Tuesday

If you have interest in attending, please fill out this Doodle poll to
let us know which dates work best:

http://doodle.com/aapy694g43e6ya4f

If you can find funds for travel and hotel (or are local to Boston), the
event is free and everyone is welcome. As we finalize dates, we'll send
around additional details. Thanks everyone,
Brad