[Biopython-dev] TAIR/AGI support

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Fri Oct 5 01:02:06 UTC 2012

Kevin;
Thanks for making this available. This looks like a great start and
seems like it would be a nice starting place for folks dealing with
Arabidopsis data. A couple of thoughts which you've essentially already
covered:

- Could you build up a small test suite that fits into the testing
  framework:

  http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.html#htoc246

  Your probably the best person to pick some disparate IDs that exercise
  different components and try to catch any edge cases.

- Additional interfaces that help folks do more than get sequence are a
  great idea. The ideas you've proposed below sound perfect.

- Provide some documentation on the Cookbook for common use cases with
  Biopython + your module. This will help motivate the addition and also
  help folks test it out on their data.

Thanks again for making this available,
Brad