[Biopython-dev] GSoC Project Update -- 1

Wibowo Arindrarto w.arindrarto at gmail.com
Wed May 9 16:24:43 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I just posted my latest blog updated here:

To summarize, I've spent most of my time getting to know the programs
I will support better. This has been done by:

1. Playing around with the programs to see how many different outputs
I can generate.
2. Writing scripts to automate test case generation for each of the programs.
3. Writing wrappers (for programs not yet wrapped by Biopython: FASTA,
HMMER, and BLAT) to ease writing the test case generators.
4. Continuing to complete my proposed SearchIO object naming scheme

The test cases, their generators, and the wrappers I've written are
available in my non-Biopython gsoc repo here:
http://github.com/bow/gsoc/. Additionally, I've used the generated
test case to improve a recent bug report and submitted a fix for the
next release.

For the coming weeks prior to coding start, I'm planning to play
around more with XML and SQLite as I will use them in the code. I
might start to add more skeleton code to my current development branch
as well (https://github.com/bow/biopython).


More information about the Biopython-dev mailing list