[Biopython-dev] [Biopython - Bug #3335] (New) NameError: global name 'StringIO' is not defined

redmine at redmine.open-bio.org redmine at redmine.open-bio.org
Sat Mar 31 23:37:54 UTC 2012

Issue #3335 has been reported by John Comeau.

Bug #3335: NameError: global name 'StringIO' is not defined
https://redmine.open-bio.org/issues/3335

Author: John Comeau

Bio.ParserSupport method parse_str uses StringIO but the module does not import it. I don't have a proper patch, just added the

import StringIO

on line 37 to fix. The modified file:

bash-3.2$ grep -n StringIO /data1/igm3/sw/packages/python-2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/biopython-1.59-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/Bio/ParserSupport.py
37:import StringIO
57:        return self.parse(StringIO.StringIO(string))

I realize maintaining the legacy parsers is not a high priority for the BioPython team, but I need this to work, or write my own parser, or switch to BioPerl, and the latter two options are not happy ones for me.

You have received this notification because this email was added to the New Issue Alert plugin

To change your notification preferences, please click here and login: http://redmine.open-bio.org