[Biopython-dev] Biopython 1.60 plans and beyond

Wibowo Arindrarto w.arindrarto at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 15:04:29 UTC 2012

Hi Peter,

> The release is in progress...
>
> There were some minor MANIFEST tweaks needed but that was all
> (I hope). The candidate release files for 1.60 are on the website (go to
> http://biopython.org/DIST/ directly), along with the API and new tutorial
> in the usual places. I'd appreciate a quick once over before we tag this
> in github, do the announcement, and tell PyPI.
>
> I've included biopython-1.60.win32-py3.2-beta.exe (the beta is just in
> the filename) to encourage more testing under Python 3. Do we need
> to bother with Python 3.1 as well here?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter

I tried downloading a fresh copy and doing a test + install.
Everything seems to work ok (I tried it using Python2.7.3 and
Python3.2.3 on Archlinux 64 bit).

As for the Python 3.1 support, I am under the impression that people
do not have that much 'legacy' code that they need to support in
Python 3.1. So perhaps no for Python3.1 (especially with Python3.3
nearing feature freeze
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2012-June/120762.html),
but that's just me :).

Anyway, thank you for managing the release and I'm looking forward for
an official 1.60 release.

cheers,
Bow