[Biopython-dev] Green light for Biopython on PyPy 1.9 on BuildBot

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 8 21:09:13 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 7:34 PM, Lenna Peterson <arklenna at gmail.com> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> What test server do you use? I've tried running the Biopython unit
> tests with CTest/CDash but it doesn't recognize test failures properly
> (I believe it requires a failure to raise an exception).
>
> If you can tell me the software setup, I may have access to a Debian
> server. I haven't tried PyPy on it but I'd be happy to see if it
> works.
>
> Lenna

Initially just install PyPy 1.9, then in the Biopython source do something
like this (just like running the tests under Python 2, Python 3, Jython
etc):

$ pypy setup.py install
$ pypy setup.py test

Ideally we'd have some more volunteer machines which are online
continuously, which we can trigger to run the tests every night (and
occasionally manually triggered) using buildbot:
http://www.biopython.org/wiki/Continuous_integration

You'll need me or Tiago to actually add the new buildslave to the
setup on testing.open-bio.org