[Biopython-dev] Using markup for the README file on GitHub

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Wed Jun 6 13:07:41 UTC 2012

Hi all;
Matt -- awesome, thanks for looking at this. I'm agreed the GitHub
presence needs a bit of a lift.

Peter -- do you think the tradeoff of extra files and symlinks and all
that is worth it for the possibility of confusing a small number of
people on Windows? My preference would be to have a cleaner web presence
on GitHub, which will effect more users. If README.md is too terse or
confusing, we could do README.markdown.

In terms of reStructuredText versus Markdown, I don't have a strong
opinion. I get the sense GitHub better supports Markdown but as long as
the rst looks fine it doesn't matter.

Brad