[Biopython-dev] back_table in Bio.Data.CodonTable

Jeff Hussmann jeff.hussmann at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 22:03:58 UTC 2012

Hello all -

Bio.Data.CodonTable currently has a variable back_table that provides
a mapping from an amino acid to single (arbitrary?) codon that encodes
the amino acid.

Is there any interest in adding a full_back_table (or some other
suitable name) that would provide a mapping from an amino acid to a
list of all codons that encode it? If so, I will submit a pull
request. I have been using this myself for some projects on synonymous
codon usage.

 - Jeff