[Biopython-dev] Extended Amino Acid Chains

Rodrigo Faccioli rodrigo.faccioli at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 18:16:57 UTC 2012

Hi Joao,

What I understood about the Tien's idea, your angle is correct.

However, I would like to say is that the use of force-field could be
implemented in biopython through xml files since each xml file represents a
version of ff.

I'm not an expertise in ff. In fact, I have been studying only charmm27
mainly its implementation at gromacs. So, I believe that we can base on
gromacs topology files and create a specific xml file for charmm27, for
example. Maybe create a parser to read these gromacs files.

Furthermore, the use of ff in biopython could be used in other
implementations such as checking the structure.  In this way, we can create
a command like that: check_charmm27(structure). This command can create a
list of errors of structure based on charmm27 ff.

Did I write correctly? This email is an idea only.

Best regards,

--
Rodrigo Antonio Faccioli
Ph.D Student in Electrical Engineering