[Biopython-dev] Fwd: [VCFtools-spec] The BCF2 quick reference document is up on the 1000G wiki

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 8 19:06:03 UTC 2012

This could be important for Lenna's GSoC project.

Heng Li had developed the original binary VCF format,
BCF, but IIRC he wasn't keen to push it as a standard -
see also http://vcftools.sourceforge.net/specs.html and
http://vcftools.sourceforge.net/bcf.pdf

It looks like BCF2 could be more widely used...

Peter