[Biopython-dev] SeqIO.InterlacedSequenceIterator

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 13 18:54:04 UTC 2012

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 5:51 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 5:40 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Lucas Sinclair <lucas.sinclair at me.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I see there is
>>> a class called InterlacedSequenceIterator(SequenceIterator) that contains a
>>> __getitem__(i) method, but it's unclear how to I should go about
>>> implementing that.
>>>

> Hmm - I think that entire class is obsolete and could be removed.

I've marked it as deprecated, but since it doesn't really have any
executable code a deprecation warning doesn't seem relevant.
We can probably remove this after the next release.
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/316c42aad05b9de3d3b3004ec295670691ae1804

Thanks for flagging up this bit of the code Lucas.

Going further, the SequenceIterator isn't used either, and perhaps
could be dropped too? We do use the similar class in AlignIO...

Regards,