[Biopython-dev] Modifications to CircularDrawer

David Martin d.m.a.martin at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Dec 5 17:30:26 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Cock [mailto:p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com]
Sent: 05 December 2012 17:24
To: David Martin
Cc: Leighton Pritchard; BioPython-Dev
Subject: Re: [Biopython-dev] Modifications to CircularDrawer

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 4:29 PM, David Martin <d.m.a.martin at dundee.ac.uk> wrote:
>> label_placement: inside|outside|overlap|strand which maintains
>> overlap as default, inside is all inside, outside is all outside,
>> strand is forward outside and reverse inside.
>
> Perhaps below/above rather than inside/outside and then it could be
> done to both the linear and circular drawers? Do you think this is useful then?

Having seen your example (sent directly off list), I'm convinced about the usefulness of the inside and outside idea (when used on the inner-most or outer-most track). Still not sure about those names as I would also like to support this on the linear diagrams as well.

Linear and Circular are similar but not identical. No problem with having a above|below|strand or a more complex anchoring scheme but I don't need it right now so I'm just playing with the circular one.

I've attached a PDF to this mail - it might get through and I'll try to fork/clone/push git.

..d