[Biopython-dev] Modifications to CircularDrawer

David Martin d.m.a.martin at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Dec 5 13:50:21 UTC 2012

Peter, Leighton and I have had a brief discussion on Twitter re drawing circular genome diagrams.

I'd like to modify the CircularDrawer feature drawing to allow the following:

label_position: start|middle|end as per LinearDrawer
label_placement: inside|outside|overlap where inside and outside are anchored just inside and just outside the feature but do not overlap it, and overlap is the current behaviour
label_orientation: upright|circular which determines the orientation of the label. upright is the current behaviour. Circular would be oriented to face clockwise for the forward strand and anticlockwise for the reverse

This will cause some issues with track widths (how can you specify a track width for a feature track?)

Any thoughts/suggestions?

..d