[Biopython-dev] [GSoC] GSoC Python variant (penultimate) update

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 17 08:21:01 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 2:58 AM, Lenna Peterson <arklenna at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have to admit that it wasn't until I read a BioStar
> [post](http://biostars.org/post/show/3423/forward-and-reverse-strand-conventions/)
> earlier this week that I fully understood the relationship between
> plus/minus forward/reverse sense/antisense coding/template strands. So
> please let me know as soon as possible if I've made a mistake in the
> above code.

Given this is nice and fresh in your mind, can you suggest any
clarifications to the Biopython Tutorial section talking about
this issue? The section on transcription & translation starting:

"Before talking about transcription, I want to try and clarify
the strand issue. Consider the following (made up) stretch
of double stranded DNA which encodes a short peptide: ..."

Hmm. That should probably say "I want to try to clarify...".