[Biopython-dev] Bio.Cluster.Tree -> Bio.Phylo

Andrew Sczesnak andrew.sczesnak at med.nyu.edu
Mon Apr 16 16:48:41 UTC 2012

Hi Eric,

I was playing with Bio.Cluster recently and noticed that trees generated
by that module are not compatible with Bio.Phylo. I think it would be
useful if output from Cluster could be manipulated with Phylo.

At first glance, it doesn't seem like it would be that tricky to add a
method of converting Bio.Cluster tree objects to Bio.Phylo tree objects,
and I would be happy to work on this. Before making an attempt, I wanted
to get your feedback on whether you think this would be useful and if
you had anything similar in the works already.

Best,
Andrew