[Biopython-dev] [biopython] Fix flex library dependency of MMCIFlex; closes 2619 (#31)

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 16 13:50:18 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 4:26 AM, Lenna Peterson <arklenna at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> I installed flex on my Windows VM and used it to generate lex.yy.c. It
> puts #include <unistd.h> inside an #ifdef so it may work with MSVC. It
> produces a working module for both Debian and Mac OS X (I do get
> "defined but not used" warnings for generated functions). I've
> cherry-picked it into my pull request.

I've now tested that on my Windows machine (and Mac and Linux),
and applied the changes to the master branch. Thanks!

We must remember to drop an email to the Debian and RedHat
packaging teams since their old patch to setup.py isn't needed
now (they could control the flex problem by declaring it a build
time dependency).