[Biopython-dev] GSoC genomic variant proposal

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Thu Apr 5 10:47:09 UTC 2012

Lenna;

> I'm linking to a revision of my GSoC proposal:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1txW9bwMYC6avlJxqs7x-mB-M09gxy2Uc6XqhR04y6ac/edit
>
> Thank you to everyone for your feedback.

This is coming along great, thanks for all the work on it. I've added a
couple of specific suggestions about iterative parsing, which PyVCF
does, and using external tools to make the coding region evaluation work
easier.

One other practical suggestion: you should add a link to the latest
version of your google doc at the top of your proposal on the GSoC
Melange site. You won't be able to edit there after Friday but can
update your google document in case of reviewer suggestions.

Thanks again and best of luck during the review process,
Brad