[Biopython-dev] [Biopython - Bug #3291] (New) Bio.PDB.PDBIO preserve atoms' serial number

redmine at redmine.open-bio.org redmine at redmine.open-bio.org
Sat Sep 17 05:25:18 UTC 2011

Issue #3291 has been reported by Carlos Rios.

Bug #3291: Bio.PDB.PDBIO preserve atoms' serial number
https://redmine.open-bio.org/issues/3291

Author: Carlos Rios

As we know, Bio.PDB.PDBIO.save() renumbers the atom serial number starting with 1 in the first atom (per model), but sometimes people needs conserve the original serial number. A request of this can be found in
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython/2009-May/005163.html

I made a little patch, where I add a new parameter in Bio.PDB.PDBIO.save(), `conserve_atoms_number`, with default value conserve_atoms_number=False for backward compatibility.

I hope it helps.
Regards

You have received this notification because this email was added to the New Issue Alert plugin

To change your notification preferences, please click here and login: http://redmine.open-bio.org