[Biopython-dev] SNP data into Biopython

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at clubdelarazon.org
Wed May 18 23:03:51 UTC 2011

2011/5/18 Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com>:
> Double check with the original author about reusing his code,
> but that could be good. Maybe under Bio/SNP/23andme.py
> where the Bio.SNP namespace could be extended in future?

I've just asked and this is his reply:

"""
Thanks for your email. I'm flattered. Yes, you may include my code in
biopython. I only ask two things:
add my name to the list of biopython participants/contributors
http://biopython.org/wiki/Participants
http://biopython.org/SRC/biopython/CONTRIB
add my name to the top of the python class which uses the code,
stating a portion of the code came from me (assuming each python class
in biopython has a comment header where each developer lists his/her
name)
I'm very glad you found the code useful. I'm traveling a lot these
days and may not have immediate access to the internet, but please
don't hesitate to shoot me an email-- I'll do my best to reply in a
timely manner.

Thanks,

Nikhil Gopal
"""