[Biopython-dev] [Biopython - Bug #2619] Bio.PDB.MMCIFParser component MMCIFlex commented out in setup.py

redmine at redmine.open-bio.org redmine at redmine.open-bio.org
Fri May 6 15:57:48 UTC 2011

Issue #2619 has been updated by Eric Talevich.

Flex takes a .lex file and generates a .c file. The .c file is the important thing to compile, not .lex. Looking at the generated C in lex.yy.c, I'd guess the same thing can be compiled all the platforms we support (though I haven't confirmed). As a short-term solution, can we check in lex.yy.c and include that with the distribution, in order to eliminate the flex dependency?

Bug #2619: Bio.PDB.MMCIFParser component MMCIFlex commented out in setup.py
https://redmine.open-bio.org/issues/2619