[Biopython-dev] 6/16 biopython Questions - BioStar

Feed My Inbox updates at feedmyinbox.com
Thu Jun 16 11:12:51 UTC 2011

// Reduce BLAST XML size?
// June 15, 2011 at 10:59 PM

http://biostar.stackexchange.com/questions/9246/reduce-blast-xml-size
Hi,
I have a really large BLAST XML file - something like 30gb in size.

I'd like to reduce it so I can run through it quicker with Biopython.

Is there a way to reduce the file by keeping something like the top 25 hits based on bitscore for each query.

Preferably I'd like to do with Python/Biopython.

Thanks

// running tests/tools in MTAP platform
// June 14, 2011 at 12:46 PM

http://biostar.stackexchange.com/questions/9155/running-tests-tools-in-mtap-platform
My goal is to run different tools and compare the results in MTAP.
Tools include SLIMFINDER, D-STAR, MEME, DILIMOT - input known linear motif sequences and get the results.
How do i run these tests in MTAP? What files do i need to edit? What are the command line options that will do this?

// What is biopython and bioeclipse used for?
// June 4, 2011 at 12:10 PM

http://biostar.stackexchange.com/questions/8844/what-is-biopython-and-bioeclipse-used-for
Just would like to know why do things like biopython and bioeclipse exist and in which bioinformatics context are they used

--
Website: http://biostar.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/biopython

Account Login:
https://www.feedmyinbox.com/members/login/?utm_source=fmi&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feed-email

This email was carefully delivered by FeedMyInbox.com.
PO Box 682532 Franklin, TN 37068