[Biopython-dev] [Fwd: Bug in Biopython Phyloxml reader]

Eric Talevich eric.talevich at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 14:20:41 UTC 2011

Hi Nicolas and Brad,

Thanks for reporting and forwarding this. The 0 -> 1 terminal branch lengths
are another surprising default that crept in during the port of NewickIO; I
don't see a problem with changing it to keep 0-length branches at the tips.
The phyloXML parser and writer shouldn't be introducing this bug; it should
just be occurring when writing in Newick or Nexus formats.

I'll keep you posted on the fix, probably this weekend. If you'd like to try
it yourself, the code to edit is in Bio/Phylo/NewickIO.py.

Best,
Eric